teen and tween

Having a teen and a grade age kiddo is a pretty interesting combination. Lucas is in that snotty teen age attitude and Logan is in that trying testing "tween" attitude (yes I know she is only going to be 6!)...I thought 10 years between would make it easier. Boy was I wrong! I know they love each other but they fight like they are a year apart. 
she looks scared and he looks like he is planning something

she grabbed him and pulled him down for the picture

absolutely love the Easter pictures since they both look nice

except this one where she looks kinda nutty

where they ever this little? 

this was a cheese mama picture! 



looks like she is telling him something

she grabbed him...fave picture that day! 


this one shows the size difference 


see they do love each other

It's funny, some of the things Lucas did at 5-6 are things Logan does too. I didn't realize that they would both be pretty liner in their thinking. Just the other day Logan was playing with the jenga blocks and she lined them up in a perfect line. It made me think of when Lucas was that age, and he cleaned up the toy bin at the Occupational Therapist, putting the pegs in order by type, color and size. 



I pray that she never tries most of the crazy things he did when he was her age. No throwing Dinosaurs! I don't need to see stitches in her face! No peeing on outlets....the blue flames chasing him still makes me chuckle to remember his reaction, and he never tried that one again! 
Having said that some of the conversations I had with him are scaring me now that I see the similarities in the two. We started the "puberty" questions about 7-8 years old. 
I do look forward to some of the other conversations we might be having. There is something pretty cool about having your tween sit you down and talk to you about how you are voting, and why you should vote the way he says. Some of the reasons were great and some of them made it obvious he is still forming his beliefs. 
The other cute thing this week was when we were at a friends house for dinner. Logan and their son are really close, almost like brother and sister. They are only 6 months apart in age, and when it came time to pray for our food, both the little boy and Lucas rolled their eyes when Logan sang her Johnny Appleseed prayer. My friend and I looked at each other and chuckled "brothers..just like brothers" 
So feedback time everyone..should I just do a weekly post with updates and stories or do you want more of a targeted set of post towards having on kiddo on the spectrum? If you have questions please ask and I will answer. If I don't know the answer, I will try to find out. We need to walk this path together and supporting one another!
Peace joy and love this week (and if you are like me a glass of wine after a challenging day with these kiddo's)  

Comments

Popular Posts