That moment where you feel out of control

I know I'm not the only parent whose had that moment. Our moments may be different, but we all have them.  My little one after the first syncope episode, hooked up to an EKG machine...not sure what halpened or why. The sense of relief when the test comes back normal, which is a relief, but still leaves the question of why. More episodes..lead to more tests. That is where we were yesterday. Baby girl had to have an EEG. They tell me to put her to bed the night before at 10pm, she is tired at 7 but I have to keep her up (goes against all parenting instincts) and then wake her up at 4am. The girl is off for the week for Thanksgiving...I should be letting her sleep in right? She was a tired baby all day, but she was a champ for the test...did everything they asked her. As a mom, watching this test, my  baby hooked up with all these leads on her head..it was a bit frightening. Now the waiting game. Do I want the test to be clear and show nothing, do I want answers? Have you had those moments of helplessness?

Comments

Popular Posts